The church was built in 1880 at a cost of œ80 to cater for the 'spiritual life' of the people of Bedmond. It is unusual for a church in that it is clad entirely in corrugated iron. Previously the Bedmond church fell under the custodianship of St Lawrence Parish Church, Abbots Langley, but Anglican services ceased in 1974 and the church was taken over by an independent evangelical group. However, in 1983 it again became an Anglican church with services still held there on alternate Sunday mornings. The church stands to the right of the road from Abbots Langley to Hemel Hempstead, at the junction with a minor road through to St Albans.