Our policy for protecting your personal data
THREE RIVERS MUSEUM TRUST (TRMT)
1. What is TRMT?
TRMT is a company limited by guarantee number 2907154, registered charity number 1164893.
The object of the Trust is to advance the education of the public in the area known as Three Rivers in the county of Hertfordshire by the provision of a museum and as further defined in paragraph 3 of its Memorandum of Association,
2. What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by that information alone or in conjunction with any other information possessed by TRMT or likely to come into its possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The only personal data held by TRMT for its members is name, date of joining, address, telephone number(s), email address(es) and, for Directors only, NHS number. TRMT also holds the names and contact details of donors of artefacts, non-member volunteers, and oral history interviewees.
3. How does TRMT process the personal data it holds?
TRMT complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
TRMT uses the personal data it holds for the following purposes:
- to administer membership records including contacting members
- to fundraise and promote the interests of the Trust
- to manage volunteers
- to maintain the Trust’s accounts and records including the processing of Gift Aid declarations
- to produce the stewards’ rota
- to contact donors of artefacts, non-member volunteers, and oral history interviewees
4. What is the legal basis for processing personal data?
The Trust has a legitimate interest in holding and processing the above information (section 2). It is needed to:
- achieve the purpose of the Trust
- comply with the requirements of HMRC regarding Gift Aid claims
- comply with the Trust’s legal obligations regarding Director notification to Companies House, the Charity Commission and HMRC, and the retention of financial and gift aid records
5. Sharing personal data
TRMT treats personal data as strictly confidential and does not share it with any third parties except with the explicit consent of the person or persons concerned.
6. How long does TRMT retain personal data?
TRMT keeps personal data for as long as it is legally required to do so or for as long as it is relevant to its activities. After that it is destroyed securely
7. Rights and personal data
Unless subject to an exemption order under the GDPR any person for whom TRMT holds personal data has the following rights with respect to such data:
- to request a copy of the personal data held about them
- to request that TRMT corrects any such personal data found to be inaccurate or out of date
- to request that such data is erased where it is no longer necessary for TRMT to retain such data
- to withdraw consent to the processing at any time
- if there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of such data to request a restriction is
placed on further processing
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
8 Further Processing
If TRMT wishes to use personal data it holds for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, it will not do so without the prior explicit consent of the person or persons concerned.
The TRMT website uses tracking software (cookies) to monitor site usage. No personal data is collected, processed or stored and thus the user is completely anonymous to us. The security settings of a browser used to access our website can normally be changed to block cookies but doing so may affect enjoyment or use of our website.
The TRMT website contains links to other sites. TRMT is not responsible for the privacy policies of those sites and users are advised to check their privacy policies when accessing them.
10 Oral History
The explicit consent of interviewees is obtained both to make the actual recording(s) and the right of TRMT thereafter to publish and disseminate the recording(s) on its website, in the museum or elsewhere. Any interviewee has the right to withdraw such consents at any time but TRMT has the right, in the public interest, to preserve and archive such recording(s) in perpetuity as set out in Schedule 1 Section 4a of the Data Protection Act 2018.
10 Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact TRMT in writing either by post to Basing House, 46 High Street, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1HP, or by email to [email protected].
Next Review December 2023